Monday, December 15, 2008

Jem at One






Yup, my first birthday passed without a piece of cake. I smeared bananas and avocados on my clothing and that seemed just right for me. Thanks to all who sent cards and presents. I didn't understand why, but the wrapping paper was fun to play with. These days I enjoy turning the pages of my books, biting them, and, of course, whacking them. Not much has changed on that front. What's new is that I am nearly crawling on my knees. I'm tired of dragging my legs around. And I'm sick of being fed by my doting parents, who worry too much about my caloric intake. I'm much happier eating with my fingers. Independence really is all it's cracked up to be. That's it for now. I'll check back in another time. Ciao, baby.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No birthday cake? What kind of deal is that? Cheerios are nice, but... Trust that you gave Jem an IOU for two cakes on her next birthday!
Great photos. Love, Cuz Rona

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEM!!
Looks as though you had a great day with your family.

Wishing you all a safe a happy holiday season!
-KJ, Steve and Tougy